Sunday, June 14, 2015

What To Do After You Miss A Workout

This Sunday I missed my workout window.

My usual Sunday schedule:

  • Wake up
  • Eat a pre-workout snack
  • Set up barbell
  • Lift heavy
  • Eat brunch
  • Continue with day

This Sunday:

  • Slept in
  • Drank coffee ate breakfast
  • Completed some paperwork
  • Realized I missed a meal, ate
  • More work
  • Missed another scheduled meal
  • Ate
  • Caught a movie with the hubs
  • Ate
  • Passed out
Sometimes we miss a workout. Don't let it derail you. Sometimes you just need a mental and physical break. Sometimes you just need to schedule better. This was one of those times where it was a lil of both. I rarely sleep in, so when I do it's generally my bodies way of telling me I needed the rest. But once I woke up I could have made the time, but this weekend I chose rest. So Monday is another day to lift something heavy and get back on schedule.

So what do you do when you miss a workout?




Don't be to hard on yourself if you miss 1 day. Just don't make it a habit. If you have more missed days than workout days it probably means you need to readjust your program to meet your scheduling needs. Set yourself up for repeated success by setting realistic goals.

How do you get back on track after missing a workout?

I'll be talking more about goals during this week's conference call. If you miss it I'll post it to the site.

Health and Happiness,

Larissa


No comments: