Friday, June 26, 2015

2015 Hawks Draft Party

Late last week my sister informed me that "I don't get out much". So when I saw the announcement for the Hawks draft party I knew we had to go! We were not disappointed.


The event was FREE to attend. That is always my favorite kind of event! The had the floor set up with tables and chairs for sitting and socializing along with several bars. They had multiple screens set up along with jumbo tron for pre draft interviews. If you are a member, there was even a special members lounge set up.


There were lots of opportunities for photos around the arena. Including the awesome one below.

We stayed at the event for about 3 hours. Long enough to enjoy some food and drink and catch the hawks Round 1 pick, and hear that we were trading him. That was kind of anti-climatic.


Overall we had a really good time.I would not have usually watched the NBA draft, I am more of a college football girl, but I wanted to be a part of the Hawks experience. It's the arena so the food and drink were over priced, but as I told my lil sis it's all part of the experience. Highlight: the look on that kids face during the Knicks selection during Round 1, if you were watching you know what I'm talking about. Low Light: getting excited over the Hawks pick and then immediately hearing he was traded. You should have heard the crowd cheer after our pick. 

Were you at the Hawks Draft Party? What was your favorite part?

It was very cool hanging out with fellow sports fans and being a part of the Hawks Draft Experience.

Now, is it football season yet?

Health and Happiness,
Larissa 

No comments: