Wednesday, November 24, 2010

1/2 Marathon TOMORROW

The Pre-Game Plan

Weather: Weather is looking good for tomorrow morning. Partly cloudy and a cool 55'. Considering I have trained in 40' weather, I am looking forward to the 10' boost, it will probably feel like 60' once I get moving. I probably won't even need gloves or earwarmers yaaay!

Hydration: I will get in 12 glasses of water before 8pm tonight. I don't want to be up all night, and I don't want to need to make a stop during the race. Then I plan to grab a sip of powerade/water at each hydration station.

Fuel: Last night I had a Publix sub for dinner got my carb and protein storage started. I had oatmeal for breakfast and chick-fil-a chicken noodle soup and small fry for lunch. For our course run practice I had salmon and mashed potatoes and I felt great after the run, so I ate the same meal again this evening. I have not been training with breakfast in my stomach so I don't plan to change that in the AM but I will have a Larabar in my car for post race fuel.

Gear: I'll be sporting my adidas supernova's. They are light as a feather and mold to my foot perfectly, this will be their less long run before they are retired to casual walking shoe. I'll be wearing my Atlanta Half Marathon in Training shirt and my C9 Champion sportsbra, running capris, and light weight running jacket. The ploar visor and FT7 will be in place. New headband/earwarmer and running gloves will be in car just in case. And, this year I will be wearing my pink cancer awareness expandable running pouch. It is about the size of a pack of gum but expands large enough to hold keys, id, phone, map, snacks, and lip gloss .

Now I just need to pin my number on my shirt, lace in my D-tag, and get a good nights sleep at least 5 hours, 7 would be best, but I am not asleep yet and I want to be at Turner Field by 6am to find parking.

Health and Happiness

L

No comments: