Monday, April 27, 2015

32 Years

On April 24th I celebrated my 32nd year outside of the womb. Whooohoo!

Here is this year's birthday workout!


Back when my Dad owned a Crossfit he would create Birthday workouts for me and my sister. Now I carry on the tradition and create my own birthday workout every year. A gift I can share with my fitfam ;-)

If you were wondering if I ate cake on my birthday, the answer is yes! But, not just cake, a bacon caramel doughnut cake from Revolution Doughnuts.


Yes, it was as amazing as it sounds! If you don't think it sounds awesome you'd be WRONG. Revolution makes some of the best specialty doughnuts I have ever tasted. They are not on my side of town, but totally worth the drive and the calories when you're in the city.

Later that night Anthony made us a delicious dinner. He even bought a cast iron skillet to try a new method of cooking the steak. He cooked it to perfection. Brown on the outside, pink and juicy on the inside, and perfectly season. He went the extra mile and made his first attempts at baked sweet potatoes and sautéed asparagus. 


Clearly my husband has learned the way to my heart is doughnuts and a perfectly prepared steak.

My sister cam over Saturday for DVR and bad movies. This weekend's random pick was Paranormal Activity 4, they should have stopped at 2. She also came baring gifts! 



We both love Mindy and her book will be a nice change from all the research based reading I usually do. Super excited to use my whole food gift card there are bags of 365 quinoa and  bacon waiting for me. 

Then we wrapped up the weekend with brunch out at West Egg in the city. My mom and sister have been frequenting this spot without me. For my birthday I was able to convince them to include me. I love breakfast food so I always say yes to an invite to Sunday brunch.

So much good food. 

I ordered the Peachtree Plate and it was so good. The the tart fried green tomatoes paired well with the creamy cheesy pimento grits. The maple bacon was the highlight of my meal not too salty, not too sweet, perfectly balanced. Mmmmm drooling just thinking about it.


I had a great weekend with the fam and I appreciated all of the messages from everyone.

Cheers to another year of health and happiness!

Larissa

No comments: