Saturday, September 20, 2014

AFAA APEX in the ATL: Part 1

Day 1 of AFAA Apex I got to hang out with AFAA Presenter Yoko and 10 other fitness professional during Group Exercise: The Practical Way


Our gym was hosting so I assisted with registration and lunch logistics.



My favorite part of the day was the practical skills portion. We discussed musicality and practiced cueing and creating 6 progressions for a variety of exercises. 

Can you think of 6 progressions for a lunge?
We used:
- wall assisted step forward
- step up onto step
- isolated lunge forward
- forward alternating lunge
- walking lunge
- plyometrics lunge

Below is a picture of My partner Catherine and I after successfully demonstrating our excercise cueing skills. 


It is not as easy as it looks, and it is definitely a skill worth practicing and perfecting.

Yoko did a great job leading our group for the day. She has over 30 years of experience and her blend of knowledge, humor, and sincere desire for our success made for a great workshop.


I look forward to gaining more knowledge and practicing more skills tomorrow.

Health and Happiness,

Larissa 

No comments: