Thursday, November 1, 2012

Raising the Bar for Breast

Saturday Team Crossfit Around the Corner participated in Barbells for Boobs. B4B is is a non-proffit organization whom provides funding through the Mammograms in Action program to provide screenings/and or diagnostics for uninsured women and men.

B4B has a special place in my heart as it was my 1st exposure to Crossfit Olympic lifting, and it was the event that got me hooked.


This year they made it a week long event and kickoff was Saturday, 9:30-12:30. We had a blast!

Our affiliate chose "Grace" as our WOD, 30 reps, ground to overhead lifts.

Alicia and I tried to Rx at 95lbs, we had to drop down to 85. I got 22 in the 10min cap, but got 30 in 12:42. I am always willing to push myself to do more work for a fundraiser. Last year I had to scale down to 55lbs. Next year I want to be as awesome as our girl Brit who Rx'd!



We had a great time and my dad, Coach Gary, and Coach Mary Lou provided a buffet of Paleo goodness!


Athlete Lynn provided the boobilicious cake.


And Athlete Britt provided Paleo brownies.


Fitness and food! That's the way I roll :-)


Another great day of Crossfit.




CFGk Fitness Scale: High intensity full body power moves of cleans and jerks.

How did you promote breast cancer awareness in October?

Health & Happiness

L

No comments: