Saturday, October 1, 2016

October Goals

I am 6 weeks postpartum! I hit some major milestones this week:
- I drove!
- I climbed the stairs!

The problem with recovering from a c-section is that it is major surgery! You spend weeks trying not to pop a stitch and having zero core support. The doctors recommend you don't drive for at least 6 weeks and that you avoid using the stairs.

On exactly the 6 week mark I climbed the stairs and went into our sons nursery for the 1st time in 6 weeks! Luckily we had enough foresight to setup an in bedroom nursery before my due date: bassinet, changing table, daiper disposal, laundry basket, and all the newborn clothing. But, if I needed anything from the nursery diapers, swaddles, or toys the husband had to fetch them. I finally climb the stairs to get our skip hop tree friends tummy time mat, Zero pain! It felt great. 1 step closer to independence.

This weekend I drove to Publix. Oh the freedom to be able to drive. I have spent 6 long weeks confined to the house. Luckily I have friends and family with flexible work schedules so me and baby O got lots of visitors. But, if I need anything someone had to pick me up, deliver it, or chaufer me. It was a simple 10 minute drive to grabbed some game day food, but it felt so very liberating.

My next big milestone will be getting cleared for physical activity. For a vaginal birth you are generally cleared at 6 weeks, but for us c-section mommas it is more like the 8 week mark. I go in for my check up this week and hoping I get cleared. I have been doing my gentle pelvic floor work: kegels and transverse holds, but I am ready to get the okay to progress without fear of popping a stitch or delaying my healing process.

My October goals are simple:
- properly hydrate
- 150 minutes of cardio a week
- 2 days of total body conditioning
- daily core stability exercise


What are your goals for the month?

Health and Happiness,
L

No comments: