Thursday, February 7, 2013

Fitness Confessional: So What's Your Excuse?


Being the "fitness person" in my department opens me up for all kinds of confessions. Perhaps I should post "Fitness Confessional" on my cube ;-)

Today a co-worker came to me feeling down because she did not go to the gym.

1st excuse - weather was crappy

2nd excuse - I have a headache

Now for me the 2nd reason was valid. I suffer from debilitating migraines. So if I have a headache I don't workout... ok I shouldn't workout. I usually will and then the little headache turns into a full blown migraine, one day I might learn. Back to my co-worker; The fact that the headache was her secondary reason makes me believe she was just creating barriers to her own success (excuses).

1st excuse: Weather was crappy. Yes, it was 48' at lunch and yes, it was raining. I place a high value on my health and fitness so I put on my hat and jacket and walked to the gym. Do I wish I had packed an umbrella, YES! But, that was not a big enough barrier to keep me from the gym. I happily offered her my services as a walk buddy to the gym the next time she wasn't feeling motivated, and we can conquer the crappy weather together.

Barrier, CONQUERED!

Your turn, Confess! What was your excuse for not working out today? No time for excuses, how did you overcome a barrier?

  Health and Happiness
Larissa

No comments: