Monday, July 4, 2011

2 weeks til competition...and the Peachtree RoadRace

These past 4 weeks have been brutal.
But, I have been sticking to my nutrition and fitness plan and I have lost a total of 20lbs since February as of Saturday.  I was even able to stick to my cardio last week while enjoying my bachelorette weekend in Vegas.  As my maid of honor said, if i can stay on track in Vegas I can stay on track anywhere.

Each week the nutrition gets more restrictive but I can definitely see the difference, especially in my abs.
I am seeing more and more definition each week and I am looking forward to seeing how defined I can get before the show.

I have selected my music and have put together my posing routine.  I meet with my posing coach and nutrition consultant Adele one last time this week.

My workout schedule is all messed up this week. Migraine on Sunday so I could not get through my upper body workout and today the gym was closed for the 4th. So I am 2 days behind in workouts and I feel pudgy.

I did get in 6 miles plus the 20minute walk to the MARTA station post race. 
I put in a personal best of 56:18 for the Peachtree!  I finally achieved my goal of under 60 minutes, actually shaving off about 5 minutes from my time last year.  I was the strongest, fastest, and lightest I have ever been and it felt amazing!  I attribute my success to the daily hill climbing and the intense lower body training I have committed my self to in preparation for the upcoming fitness competition.

I hope you all had a great 4th of July!!!

Health and Happiness,

-L-

No comments: